Please Do Crosspost (Crossposting is not 'spamming') *
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2018-04-19 21:24:42 UTC
Please do crosspost.

"If you feel an article will be of interest to more than
one Newsgroup, be sure to CROSSPOST the article rather than
individually post it to those groups." -- Netiquette
Guidelines, S. Hambridge, Network Working Group, Intel
Corporation, 2880 Northwestern Parkway, Santa Clara, CA
95052 USA; October 1995.

"I remind you that cross-posting is not spamming. With
cross-posting, only a single article is sent into each news
server. With spamming, you have many separate copies of the
same article sent to different newsgroups." -- Kenneth M. Taira

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
http://bit.do/jaimaharaj
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Thank you, doctor, for making that distinction...
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2019-01-08 21:25:20 UTC
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Post by Dr. Jai Maharaj
Please do crosspost.
"If you feel an article will be of interest to more than
one Newsgroup, be sure to CROSSPOST the article rather than
individually post it to those groups." -- Netiquette
Guidelines, S. Hambridge, Network Working Group, Intel
Corporation, 2880 Northwestern Parkway, Santa Clara, CA
95052 USA; October 1995.
"I remind you that cross-posting is not spamming. With
cross-posting, only a single article is sent into each news
server. With spamming, you have many separate copies of
the same article sent to different newsgroups." -- Kenneth
M. Taira
Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
http://bit.do/jaimaharaj
Thank you, doctor, for making that distinction...
You are welcome, Colonel.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
https://tinyurl.com/jaimaharaj

Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-04-20 16:44:23 UTC
Post by Dr. Jai Maharaj
"I remind you that cross-posting is not spamming. With
cross-posting, only a single article is sent into each news
server. With spamming, you have many separate copies of the
same article sent to different newsgroups." -- Kenneth M. Taira
In Hong Kong Cantonese, some people called spamming as "washing the
broad". Basically, they flood a newsgroup with lots of subjects so that
a target thread was no longer visible in the first page of the thread list.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Them chinks in Canton are always washin' something...
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2018-04-22 19:42:30 UTC
In article
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Post by Dr. Jai Maharaj
[...]
"I remind you that cross-posting is not spamming. With
cross-posting, only a single article is sent into each news
server. With spamming, you have many separate copies of the
same article sent to different newsgroups." -- Kenneth M. Taira
In Hong Kong Cantonese, some people called spamming as
"washing the broad". Basically, they flood a newsgroup with
lots of subjects so that a target thread was no longer
visible in the first page of the thread list.
"Washing the broad" -- with or without the
dirty broad's permission?